Hello there 2019! How are you doing? We’re excited to welcome you! Ok, I’m a couple weeks late.
Steve and I welcomed the New Year with a traditional sunrise hike. However, we ascended into a layer of fog and snow, and didn’t really see the sunrise. But after a bit, the sky did clear and we could see down into Vancouver.
Ok, but maybe you’re just here for the food, so let’s get on with it!
Our school life has been crazy, so Sunday food prep day has become a necessity. These make-ahead breakfast burritos are a staple, post run grab for Steve and I. The burritos are packed with simple, filling ingredients. All a hangry runner has to do is pop the burrito in the microwave for ~60seconds and presto! A warm healthy breakfast is in their hands.
- multigrain tortillas (8)
- 12 eggs
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 cups chopped spinach
- garlic salt
- red chili pepper flakes
- Scramble all dozen eggs in a large frying pan (I leave them unseasoned)
- On an open faced tortilla, place an 8th of the scrambled eggs (estimated to the best of your ability), a scoop of black beans, and spinach. Use a pinch of garlic salt and red chili pepper flakes to season.
- Sprinkle cheese over everything- this is your glue to hold the burrito together!
- Roll the burrito up, always folding the tortilla inward.
- Wrap up and freeze for later!